1.1 Basic Search
The homepage for the catalogue allows you to search for books and other items at your library or libraries.
The homepage contains a single search box for you to enter a search term.
You can select to search by:
- Keyword — finds the terms you enter anywhere in the entire record for an item, including title, author, subject, and other information.
- Title — finds the terms you enter in the title of an item.
- Journal Title — finds the terms you enter in the title of a serial bibliographic record.
- Author — finds the terms you enter in the author of an item.
- Subject — finds the terms you enter in the subject of an item. Subjects are categories assigned to items according to a system such as the Library of Congress Subject Headings.
- Series — finds the terms you enter in the title of a multi-part series.
You can limit your search by format. Some of the more popular formats in the list are the following:
- For Books, you can choose All Books, which includes regular print books, large print books, and e-books, All Audiobooks, which includes audiobooks on physical media and e-audiobooks, OR you can choose the individual format. The individual choices are: Books (physical), Books (large print), Books (electronic), Audiobooks (physical) or Audiobooks (electronic).
- For Videos, you can choose All Videos which includes video formats such as DVD,VHS, Blu-ray, and E-video. OR you can choose the individual format. The individual choices are: Videos (electronic) or Videos (physical).
- Videos (E-video) will search for all E-videos including downloadable and streaming.
- Music will search music on CD or other media.
- Serials/Magazines will search on magazine, serial, or journal titles only.
- Software/Video Games will search on games, databases, and other software.
If you are using a catalogue in a library or accessing a library’s online catalogue from its homepage, the search will return items for your local library. If your library has multiple branches, the result will display items available at your branch and all branches of your library system separately. If your library participates in Interlibrary Connect the results may display items available across your federation.
- Search the catalogue
- Basic Search
- Advanced Search
- Numeric Search
- MARC Expert Search
- Browse the Catalogue
- Search Tips
- Search Methodology
- Search Results
- Placing Holds
- Title and Volume Holds
- Placing Holds on Multiple Records of the Same Title
- My Account
- Logging into Your Account
- Resetting Your Password
- Account Summary
- Account Preferences
- Items Checked out
- Fines and Payments
- Baskets and Lists
- Working with the Basket
- Working with Lists
- Integrated Electronic Resources (eBooks & eAudioooks)
- Checking Out E-resources
- Placing Holds on E-resources
- Checked Out and On Hold E-resources in My Account